All sales professionals aspire to earn the prestigious “President’s Club” – the ultimate sales achievement award that is also sometimes referred to as “Winner’s Circle”, “The Chairman’s Inner Circle”, “The President’s Circle”, etc.
This annual recognition program rewards individuals for reaching or exceeding sales goals and quotas. These recipients set the bar for company growth, and this award gives others something to aspire toward. From the moment Sales Reps advance from training and are assigned their sales territory, they hear about this incentive and work their sales plan around getting there.
A President’s Club trip is the most common and effective reward for this type of sales recognition program. An all-expense paid vacation to an upscale destination is organized for the winners (and their spouse) to celebrate their achievement with the executive team. It’s an opportunity to socialize with peers and Senior Executives in an exciting environment while feeling recognized, relaxed, and rewarded.
Why do President’s Clubs work better than other incentives?
- Improves Sales – Working towards winning a fabulous travel experience motivates, increases morale, and inspires innovation in the workplace. These things combined increase sales and improve productivity.
- Builds Relationships – Face-to-face interactions between colleagues through shared experiences strengthens bonds and opens lines of communication.
- Creates Memorable Experiences – Travel creates global experiences and memories that will last a lifetime, and that has a double impact – the actual experience and later, the memory of time away.
- Strengthens Loyalty – A dream destination with fellow colleagues reinforces how deeply a company appreciates the achievements of its top performers.
- Appeals to Everyone – Travel is something that everybody dreams about. The urge to get away — to leave everyday concerns behind — is more compelling than ever and can’t be valued in dollars.
Common industries that use sales achievement awards to motivate sales teams:
- Banking / Finance
- Technology / Telecommunications
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Development
- Consumer + Retail
- Pharmaceutical / Healthcare
- Power & Energy / Oil & Gas
Reward, Recognize, and Retain — are what a President’s Club program is all about. If you’re able to structure it effectively and target the right people, this type of program can inspire your top performers to maintain and/or elevate their performance consistently throughout the sales cycle, ensuring that there will be an improvement in bottom-line results.
The team at Ascent Performance Group believes in the incredible power of rewards. What gets rewarded gets done. Every time. Looking to get the most out of your sales team? Let’s talk about your team and your goals!